Antifungal nail polish will help to quickly get rid of the fungus that has affected the nails on the toes or feet. This is the most practical and convenient current medicine because, unlike medicines that have a cream or gel structure, it does not rub.
It is advisable to use spray if the area of the nail damaged by the fungus does not exceed 60%. Used as an independent drug, it can be described as part of complex therapy.
Advantages and disadvantages of varnishes
Nail fungus varnishes have a liquid structure, which allows them to penetrate deep into the nail plate and fight infection more effectively. A protective film forms on the surface of the nail. Prevents the flow of oxygen from the outside, which is harmful to fungal microorganisms. In addition, thanks to this film, the concentration of medicinal substances inside the nail remains high.
Most nail fungus varnishes not only fight disease but also improve the condition of the plaque. Nails become stronger, healthier and stronger. Most often, varnishes are allowed to be used to prevent fungal infections. They are invisible, so they can be used when visiting swimming pools, baths, gyms and other public places where the risk of infection increases.
The main disadvantages of nail fungus varnishes:
- Nail fungus varnishes are expensive. Moreover, they all have contraindications for use.
- Some varnishes contain toxic compounds in their composition, so they are not recommended for the treatment of children and pregnant women.
In general, nail fungus treatment varnish is an effective tool that allows you to get rid of the disease in a qualitative way.
Preparation for the procedure
Preparation for the application of the drug is necessary to increase its effectiveness. The easiest option is evaporation with therapeutic baths.
They are performed as follows:
- A few tablespoons of sea salt, essential oils, laundry soap shaver are added to the hot water;
- The bath is taken for 15-20 minutes;
- After the procedure, the feet are completely dried with a towel;
- The nails are cut and filled. The calluses are removed.
You should then treat the dish with a cloth soaked in an alcohol solution. It is necessary for disinfection. To facilitate the penetration of the active ingredients, you can leave the nail on the outside so that it becomes stiff. The use of varnish does not require the removal of plaque.
Some tips from an expert:
- Before starting the treatment, it is necessary to take the advice of a specialist who will tell you exactly which strain of the fungus affects the nails;
- In case of damage to the nail plate growth area, treatment should be comprehensive. In addition to external means of application, antifungals will be required to completely eradicate the infection;
- Do not be upset if, after the course of treatment, the lesions remain on the nail. Most likely, the fungus itself is already dead, and its remnants are still under the nail. In this case, a medical pedicure will help.
Treatment with antifungal varnishes has many advantages. The use of such drugs is effective, convenient and comfortable, which allows you to lead an active lifestyle without losing comfort!
Contraindications and side effects
When treating a fungal infection on the nails, it should not be forgotten that fungicide varnishes are a therapeutic product and not a cosmetic one. Therefore, they should be used strictly according to the instructions and after consulting a doctor. Most paints have the same contraindications. They can not be used during pregnancy and lactation, in early childhood (up to 4 years) and with intolerance to the components of the therapeutic agent.
In some cases, in people with hypersensitivity, the use of fungal varnish can cause unwanted allergic reactions, manifested by skin rash, itching and urticaria. Therefore, be mindful of your health and use antifungal agents in full compliance with the recommendations of a specialist.
Some reviews of people who treated nail fungus with varnishes.
- Mom used nail polish. The medicine is expensive, but it copes well with the unpleasant symptoms. It has a pleasant smell and after application on the affected nail a feeling of freshness is created, the unpleasant itching and other discomforts disappear. I can notice that my mother's toenails have been cleaned and since during the treatment I had to take care of them every day, now they look much better than before the treatment. The varnish creates a strong layer on the nail and you can no longer be afraid that the fungus will spread further.
- I once discovered this problem in myself and went to the doctor. He recommended me a cheap spray. Judging by the description, the drug is concentrated and very effective. Eliminate the fungus problem within a week.
Most people react positively to healing varnishes. The only significant disadvantage of these compounds is the high cost.
A large number of therapeutic agents are actively used not only for the treatment of fungal diseases, but also for the prevention of fungal infections in those people who are predisposed to such diseases.
It should be borne in mind that almost all antifungal varnishes contain a large amount of toxins, therefore, before starting preventive measures, it is advisable to study in detail the instructions and composition of the product.
For preventive purposes it is recommended:
- wear shoes on the beach, in the pool, sauna or bath (preferably closed and rubber);
- use cotton socks, which are advised to be changed daily;
- do not wear your shoes;
- after shower and bath procedures, it is worth carefully wiping your feet and hands;
- keep feet and hands dry.
Today, antifungal varnishes have gained great popularity and have received many positive feedback, both from doctors and from the people who have used them.